With more than 15 years’ experience I've lead healthcare projects and organizations through adoption of technology to transform business and improve patient care. my relationship-oriented leadership style, coupled with a strong foundation in Engineering and problem solving, has helped me to deliver objectives with Epic HIS, PointClickCare, OSCAR EMR, and virtual care as necessitated by the pandemic. Today, I lead a large team of technology professionals, delivering tools, and improving processes for front line clinical staff, and health informatics reporting.
Using my formal training in project management, I have operated his own consulting company, specializing in project Management, delivering AGFA’s IMPAX 6.2 release, and building a project management office for Toyota Motor Manufacturing. Previously, I have held progressive positions, with Nortel and Oracle Corporation, delivering technology implementation services for their clients, and internally. I hold a degree in computer science from the University of Guelph, and an Engineering Diploma from St. Lawrence College.
Led a high performing technical IT team to develop a healthcare product
• Developed processes and implemented tools to support software development
• Consulted on a Unified Communication Strategy developmenet for a large hospital
Designed an IT shared services model and cybersecurity strategy between 2 organizations. Built a strong ICT team and processes to lead the organization’s adoption of an electronic health record, while meeting business demands for enablement of clinical activities.
● Developed a high-performing ICT support team that creatively used professional staff along with high school co-op student resources to maximize productivity and efficiency.
● Provided budget planning and obtained strategy approval with the Board of Directors.
● Oversaw Healthcare IT support operations, Governance, Risk, and technical compliance.
Developed Agfa’s IMPAX 6.2 product release to exceed expectations on functionality.
● Directed various IT projects that included the deployment of 1,500 desktops, clinical and eHealth initiatives, and a Siebel implementation.
● Implemented the OB Trace-vue system at Guelph General Hospital achieving the transition to a complete Electronic Health Record in the Family Birthing Unit.