The Weeneebayko Are Health Authority (WAHA) is a unified, integrated First Nations Regional Health Authority and delivers most health services to area residents in the communities of Peawanuck, Attawapiskat, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Moose Factory, and Moosonee. These services include primary care, nursing service, pre-hospital, acute hospital care, mental health services, diabetes education, dental services, and support services.
• Lead the daily operations of the Information Technology team
• Guide the organization through digital transformation initiatives
• Provide advice, expertise, and consultation to leadership on IT issues, projects, and initiatives
• Chair and lead the Information Technology/Information Systems Steering Committee
• Be an active member of the Leadership Team and participate as such
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field is required
• Master’s degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering, or Computer Science is strongly preferred
• Certification as a Chief Information Officer is preferred
• Experience in progressive leadership roles
• Experience managing in a unionized environment
• Proven experience in identifying, implementing, and improving processes, user experiences, and organizational capabilities through IT projects and systems
• Proven track record of leadership, integrity and sound decision making
• Experienced change agent in a rapidly changing environment
• Defined contribution pension plan (HOOPP) as well as health and welfare benefits
• Housing unit provided by the organization
• Retention and travel benefits
• Relocation supports
• Working for an organization currently undergoing development and transformation
How to apply:
The successful candidate must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Check within a specified time frame.
Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references and their email addresses, quoting Competition #2021-114 by Monday, July 5, 2021 by 12:00 o’clock noon to:
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as Paramedicine services in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as community stakeholders. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.