Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Tertiary Services at Peace Arch Hospital (PAH) – Oceanside.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. With over 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers dedicated to providing services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home health, mental health and public health, to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Coordinating and providing the delivery of psychiatric nursing care services to patients experiencing serious mental health and bio-psychosocial problems
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team
- Facilitating individual and group treatment
- Providing crisis intervention, patient and family education and health promotion activities from a psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) perspective
- Participating in quality improvement activities and research
- Communicating and consulting with members of the health care team about clients' care
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- One (1) year recent related mental health experience in an acute, tertiary or community setting
- May require completion of substance use certificate program
- May require Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
This role is a relief part-time position located at Oceanside in Peace Arch Hospital, White Rock, BC. With its sandy beaches, warm waters, red brick promenade, waterfront eateries and dramatic sunsets, White Rock has become known as the Jewel of BC. Located in the southwest corner of the province, White Rock offers a variety of leisure activities such as swimming, kayaking, windsurfing, crab fishing, sailing, and golfing, or simply strolling along the beach piers. (White Rock)
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role.
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Fraser Health, located in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada, provides services to 1.6 million people in B.C. with 26,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and 6,500 volunteers. Fraser Health includes 12 acute care hospitals, a tertiary teaching centre and extensive community-based residential, home health, mental health, and public health services.
Fraser Health is building capacity to address unprecedented population growth and preparing for the Surrey Memorial Hospital’s Critical Care Tower opening in 2014. Our expansion means continued needs for Nursing and Health Science professionals across the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley. Fraser Health is located in one of the world’s most desirable places to live. With 20 communities from Burnaby to White Rock to Hope, in both urban and rural settings, you will find a broad range of housing options where you can work close to home. Our diverse recreational opportunities and close proximity to Vancouver, combined with the many career growth and development opportunities, make Fraser Health hard to match! We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a great place to work!