Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with experience working in Pediatrics? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse to join our Pediatric Emergency Unit.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real passion for pediatric nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Conducting comprehensive nursing assessments of pediatric patient on admission and at regular intervals
- Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers, Physicians and members of team
- Setting priorities, assigning and delegating tasks to support staff and making referrals to the inter-professional care team
- Providing rapid pediatric assessments in collaboration with Emergency Department staff
- Instructing patients and families/care givers on illness prevention, health restoration and health maintenance to help patients accomplish their health care goals
- Participating on designated programs and professional committees, care conferences and councils as assigned
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) year’s recent, related clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area and completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area
This role is a full time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. Affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. Located in Surrey, it is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
SMH offers medical, surgical, neonatal intensive care, tertiary, ambulatory, cardiology, rehabilitation, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 158,558 visits annually.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Fraser Health, located in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada, provides services to 1.6 million people in B.C. with 26,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and 6,500 volunteers. Fraser Health includes 12 acute care hospitals, a tertiary teaching centre and extensive community-based residential, home health, mental health, and public health services.
Fraser Health is building capacity to address unprecedented population growth and preparing for the Surrey Memorial Hospital’s Critical Care Tower opening in 2014. Our expansion means continued needs for Nursing and Health Science professionals across the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley. Fraser Health is located in one of the world’s most desirable places to live. With 20 communities from Burnaby to White Rock to Hope, in both urban and rural settings, you will find a broad range of housing options where you can work close to home. Our diverse recreational opportunities and close proximity to Vancouver, combined with the many career growth and development opportunities, make Fraser Health hard to match! We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a great place to work!