Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Community Mental Health & Substance Use Services located in Burnaby, BC.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing treatment and implementing plans for individuals
- Coordinating care for clients by consulting and collaborating with interprofessional care team based on client needs
- Assessing treatment plans and ensuring optimum use of resources
- Utilizing motivational interviewing and engagement techniques
- Assisting clients to access appropriate services in the community
- Promoting and supporting clients to manage self-care
- Providing crisis intervention, individual counselling and education
- Acting as a client advocate to protect and promote client’s right to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity, and access to information
- Participating in research and quality improvement activities
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 2 years’ related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health and/or concurrent disorders
- May require completion of substance use certificate program
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence and access to personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
This role is a part-time position located in Burnaby, BC. Burnaby is centrally located within the rapidly growing metropolitan area of the Lower Mainland. It is among Vancouver’s most attractive suburbs – a major urban centre offering all the benefits of proximity to the city without the high cost of living. Burnaby highlights many beautiful lakes, forested mountain parkland, an ocean beach, rivers, parks and botanical gardens, major sports fields, golf courses, bicycle and walking trails, a major commercial town centre and high density residential areas.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Fraser Health, located in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada, provides services to 1.6 million people in B.C. with 26,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and 6,500 volunteers. Fraser Health includes 12 acute care hospitals, a tertiary teaching centre and extensive community-based residential, home health, mental health, and public health services.
Fraser Health is building capacity to address unprecedented population growth and preparing for the Surrey Memorial Hospital’s Critical Care Tower opening in 2014. Our expansion means continued needs for Nursing and Health Science professionals across the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley. Fraser Health is located in one of the world’s most desirable places to live. With 20 communities from Burnaby to White Rock to Hope, in both urban and rural settings, you will find a broad range of housing options where you can work close to home. Our diverse recreational opportunities and close proximity to Vancouver, combined with the many career growth and development opportunities, make Fraser Health hard to match! We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a great place to work!