The Registered Nurse is one of the collaborators in a Care Model, providing holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of the patients, families and/or communities. The RN will be part of a team that includes physicians, RN’s and LPN’s that provide acute medical/surgical care. This team of care providers will each use their individual education, scope of practice and standards of practice to provide collaborative and complimentary care to the patients on the Surgical Unit. The care plan and provision of care is coordinated and agreed upon by this team of health care providers.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor degree in Nursing preferred
• Currently registered, and in good standing with Nova Scotia College of Nursing (NSCN) or eligible for registration
• Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support)
• Successful completion of IV therapy certification required
• Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team and to request and accept direction as required
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills, within scope of practice, including clinical judgement, problem solving skills and strong decision making ability
• Demonstrates skills and knowledge with regard to wound assessment and treatments
• Demonstrates professional and mature manner, effective interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, effective time management and organizational skill, assessment and teaching skills
• Working knowledge of computers and various software applications required
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent, Full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
$35.0356 - $41.2784 hourly
$42.7230 with 25 years’ experience
Relocation allowance may be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifying criteria
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.