The Registered Nurse is accountable as a direct provider, coordinator, and advocate of client-centered care. As coordinator of care the Registered Nurse develops, records, delegates, monitors, and evaluates the plan of care. The Registered Nurse collaborates with colleague health providers, the client, and family to facilitate a safe, thorough, and satisfactory care experience. This position consists of a 12 hour shift rotation.
• Current registration (or eligibility) with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing is required.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
• Current BCLS certification required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide support for families or critically ill patients.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing work environments required.
• Strong commitment to service provision, self-learning and continuing education required.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others.
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks required.
• Previous work attendance will be reviewed and considered.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this position.
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
• Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-time Positions; 75 hours biweekly - 2 positions available
$35.0356 - $41.2784 hourly
$42.7230 hourly with 25 yrs RN experience
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need.
Partnerships are important to us. We work in partnership with community groups, schools, governments, foundations and auxiliaries and community health boards. Whether we are hosting wellness programs in the community, conducting innovative research in labs, or helping a patient recover in hospital; we are creating a healthier Nova Scotia.
We are guided by strong provincial leadership and local leadership teams in four zones:
Central - Halifax, Eastern Shore and West Hants
Eastern - Cape Breton, Guysborough and Antigonish areas
Western - Annapolis Valley, South Shore and South West Nova Scotia
Northern - Colchester-East Hants, Cumberland and Pictou areas