DAY/NIGHT; WEEKEND SCHEDULE; 12 HOUR SHIFTS; (Subject to change)
CORPORATE EMERGENCY PROGRAM
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA
(Primary location is Lakeridge Health Oshawa, but could be requested to work at the Port Perry or Bowmanville sites)
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Emergency Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Emergency (ER) RN will report to the ER Managers and utilize nursing processes in providing a positive patient care experience. As an ER RN you will participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team as an individual practitioner to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current RN practices. The ER RN will maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* Recent significant Emergency/Critical Care experience: paediatric experience;
* Successful completion of coronary care courses from an approved institution;
* Proven EKG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing, and patient assessment skills (tested);
* Must be I.V. Certified and Defibrillation Certified;
* Proven organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
* Commitment to successfully complete CNA Emergency Nursing Certification (ENC(C);
* Critical Care/ER/PALS/TNCC Certificate preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
* B.Sc.N and ACLS preferred;
* Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
SALARY: $33.23 - $47.57 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We’re a leading community hospital, where we take care of our neighbours, families and friends. With a rapidly expanding teaching and research program in a fast-growing community, we have a lot of opportunities for personal and career growth.
We’re also located in dynamic Durham Region, with a mix of urban and rural communities.
On top of high quality health care, Durham Region residents have access to first-rate post-secondary education, a wide variety of cultural amenities and access to year-round sports and recreation activities. Durham Region has a strong, diverse economic base and, as the eastern gateway to Toronto, offers easy access to the city.
Discover Durham Region, a great place to live, work and play.