The Manager, Patient Care Services is responsible for the management, leadership and coordination of services for the areas within the assigned portfolio. This includes responsibility for the management of staff and resources and the provision of leadership and consultative advice in clinical care, operational and administrative activities of the service(s); ensuring that services are delivered and implemented in an effective and efficient manner and meeting established strategic directions and organizational initiatives and objectives in a manner aligned with the organization’s culture, values and strategic direction.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing plus five (5) years recent related experience plus post basic education in management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a multidisciplinary team approach involved in the coordination of care in a complex environment and system of care services.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate and delegate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to promote team building while understanding that decisive action is required.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality improvement initiatives.
- Positive problem solving skills in a dynamic unionized work environment.
- Computer proficiency.
Northern Health provides health services to 300,000 people over an area of 600,000 square kilometers in the province of British Columbia.
The Leadership section will give you an overall outline of our organization's governance and management structures.
The Quick Facts section will give you an overview on Northern Health and the services we provide.
The Northern Health Reports section will provide you access to significant reports that Northern Health has compiled pertaining to health services in Northern British Columbia.
The Mission section provides information about our current 2016-2021 Strategic Plan.