Under the general direction of the Unit Manager, the ER/ICU RN provides direct nursing care to the Emergency, and Critical care patient according to established standards/policies. The ER/ICU RN identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs in the Emergency and Critical Care environment. Nursing practice is guided by the vision and values of Northern Health, BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area and Dawson Creek and District Hospital approved policies, procedures and protocols.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
At Northern Health, we build for the future. Acquiring and retaining high-quality talent is a high priority for our organization’s success. Our vision of building a strong primary health care system will create a dynamic work environment that challenges all of your skills. Meaningful and rewarding careers, and an outstanding quality of life await you within the diverse communities of this spectacular region.