Responsible to the Nurse Manager the Registered Nurse works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team, providing holistic (addressing bio, psycho, social, cultural and spiritual needs), and comprehensive care for individuals, families, groups, populations and communities across the continuum of care. The RN provides leadership and applies advanced nursing knowledge within specific practice settings, and in-depth nursing knowledge, skills and judgment in providing care to all individuals (includes families, groups, populations and communities). The Nurse will demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice, maintain appropriate clinical competencies, participate on committees and interdisciplinary teams and contributes to a healthy workplace while practicing within the RN scope of practice. When necessary, expected to be available for all shifts, including days, evening, weekends and holidays in primary unit or reassigned units.
The duties of the Registered Nurse will be carried out in accordance with the principles and practices that guide Nova Scotia Health Authority.
* Graduate from an approved School of Nursing
* Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
* Current CPR certification required
* Minimum one (1) year recent nursing experience relevant to the above specified unit
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact positively with patients/residents, families, other health care providers and staff, demonstrating sensitivity, empathy and warmth
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and supervise patient/resident care
* Ability to demonstrate sound decision-making skills in crisis situations and be accountable for decisions
* Basic computer skills - Meditech, UMS & Share an asset
* Physical and mental capabilities to perform the duties of the position such as fine motor dexterity and adjust to varying work loads
* Must be able to perform duties that involve lifting, bending and stretching
* Demonstrated leadership, organizational and time management skills
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Hours of Work
$32.8441 - $38.6964 hourly
$40.0507 hourly with 25 years nursing experience
Posting Reference #: 22951
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province.
Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need.
Partnerships are important to us. We work in partnership with community groups, schools, governments, foundations and auxiliaries and community health boards. Whether we are hosting wellness programs in the community, conducting innovative research in labs, or helping a patient recover in hospital; we are creating a healthier Nova Scotia.