Close Preview Send To Printer...
Req ID: 14606
Location: Eastern Zone, Guysborough Memorial Hospital
Department: 3003609 GMH General Medical Unit
Type of Employment: Temporary Hourly PT long-term (25% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Nursing NSNU Nursing
Posting Closing Date: 26-Jul-18
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Registered Nurse practices within the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS) Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Nurses and the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics; is responsible and accountable for the nursing care of an assigned group of patients and their families; provides guidance and leadership to peers and other staff; works in a collaborative relationship with colleagues, unit staff, students and members of related health disciplines.
* Registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
* Current certification in CPI or willingness to obtain
* TNCC, ENCP/PALS and ACLS certified or willingness to obtain certification within six months of employment
* Minimum 2 years recent rural ER experience preferred
* Commitment to the philosophy of family-centred care nursing
* Proven clinical knowledge and the ability to use sound professional judgement
* Ability to adapt to new and varied work situations
* Personal and professional leadership abilities
* Utilization of nursing process
* Team leading skills
* Ability to work in a self-directed environment and also effectively within an interdisciplinary team
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
* Demonstrated commitment to self-learning and continuous professional development
* Physical ability to perform duties of the position
* Attendance records may be reviewed
* Commitment to confidentiality and privacy of NSHA patients and clients
* Annually access the training and education on patient, client and personal safety made available by NSHA
* Commitment to maintain and protect patient, client, and personal safety on an ongoing basis
* The successful applicant will have a commitment to the mission and values of Nova Scotia Health Authority
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Temporary part-time (25%) position; 18.75 hours bi-weekly
With an expected end date of May 21, 2019
These are anticipated dates and may be subject to change
$32.8441 - $38.6964 hourly
$40.0507 with 25 years experience
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a Nursing NSNU Nursing bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile.
Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
To achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together - that is our mission. Formed in April 2015, we operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province of Nova Scotia from Yarmouth to Sydney; from Canso to Amherst. We are the largest employer in the province. We are guided by strong provincial leadership and local leadership teams in four zones: