BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns, and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre, BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages, and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Perinatal Clinical Educator
Reference # 71375
Temporary Full Time (until April 21, 2019)
Wage: $39.91 to $48.92 per hour
4500 Oak Street
Acts as clinical resource to members of the health care team, within the Acute Perinatal Program, for patient concerns and assistance with clinical problem solving. Develops, plans and participates in clinical education programs in order to meet the initial and ongoing needs of the registered nurse. Assists the Program Manager (PM)/ Program Coordinators (PC) in supervising, monitoring and evaluating nursing care, ensuring standards of practice are met.
Duties and Accountabilities Include:
Education, Training, and Experience
• Baccalaureate in Nursing and three years' recent related experience including one year in an educational or leadership role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The Employer will equally consider an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (with the exception of Public Health and Preventative Nurses).
• Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses' of B.C (CRNBC)
• Completion of the Instructional Skills Workshop or Adult Education equivalent.
• Completion of the Newborn Resuscitation (NRP) Instructor Program and current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Skills and Abilities
• Sound knowledge of current practice approaches and “Best Practice” standards both in the delivery of perinatal nursing care and the provision of clinical education to professional nursing staff and others.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to assess individual and group learning needs and develop/deliver educational programs.
• Ability to plan, deliver, and evaluate educational sessions and programs.
• Effective interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Demonstrated interest and progress in professional development (i.e. completion of course, workshops etc).
• Ability to teach and lead small and large group sessions.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to maintain current knowledge and skills in relevant clinical areas and adult education.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has already expired; please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre, please visit: www.bcwomens.ca.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) has a province-wide mandate to provide health services to the province of British Columbia through our globally recognized healthcare Agencies, Services, Programs and Divisions. As BC’s specialty Health Authority, we have established a reputation for innovation and compassion based on the unwavering belief that patients come first. It is a belief you will find reflected in every facet of PHSA. From ground-breaking research to promoting province-wide initiatives, we seek system-wide improvements that continually improve the way health services are provided, with an emphasis on prevention, promotion and protection. PHSA is a respected leader driven by some of the most progressive and accomplished healthcare specialists in the world.
We offer unique careers where you can focus on your specific career path and collaborate with multi-disciplinary and highly skilled teams to enhance your specialization, expertise and personal growth. As part of a vast network of leaders and innovators, you will have access to lifelong learning and a supportive environment that respects you and the goals you want to accomplish. Our commitment to excellence in teaching and training serves to ensure the success of your professional development.
Discover a Nursing career with an organization that touches every facet of specialty health care in British Columbia! PHSA is the first health authority of its kind in Canada, and supports talented Nurses who want to build a stronger career and advance their skills in a specialty of their choice. Through in-depth clinical orientation programs and career-pathing, we can help you to meet your goals. Career opportunities extend from bedside to leadership jobs through our many agencies and their specialty areas of service including pediatrics, perinatal, oncology and beyond. Advance and strengthen your career in Nursing with PHSA.