Patient Care Manager – OR, PACU, Surgical Booking
Program: Corporate Surgical
Program Location: Oshawa
Status: Full Time
Wage Scale: $50.102 - $62.627 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Patient Care Manager, Operating Room, PACU and Surgical Booking Office, reports to the Director, Surgical Program. This position is responsible for the management of the Operating Room, Post- Anaesthetic Care Unit and Surgical Booking office at Lakeridge Health Oshawa. While working collaboratively with all members of the health care team and surgical leadership team, the successful incumbent will use their effective planning, budgeting and problem solving skills, to ensure: the development of unit and program processes; the management of staff; and to develop/support business goals including increased operational efficiencies and optimized interdisciplinary team functioning. As well, will develop, facilitate and support the implementation of evidence based processes and practices to achieve excellence in high quality delivery of patient care. The Patient Care Manager will have a personal drive and the need to achieve results by working to accomplish unit outcomes and setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources and have the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal by engaging and empowering staff.
* Bachelor degree in a health related discipline;
* Master's degree or current enrollment in a Master's program (preferred);
* Current registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
* Perioperative Nursing Certification preferred;
* Member of ORNAC preferred;
* Proven recent experience in the clinical setting;
* Minimum 3 years recent operating room management experience;
* A keen interest and recent process re-engineering, planning and implementing experience;
* Proven track record of achieving results that improve the organization and inspire confidence and commitment;
* Demonstrated ability to lead effectively and create a high performance culture through change management strategies that facilitates growth and development;
* Demonstrated knowledge of hospital functions and current trends in health care;
* Proven knowledge of and ability to work with Collective Agreements and Labour Relations issues;
* Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, and related best practice guidelines;
* Proven ability to problem-solve and critically analyze issues;
* Proven management skills including financial, human resources, quality improvement, project planning and risk, change management, evaluation and utilization management skills;
* Well-developed negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills;
* Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills including the ability to fully utilize communication tools;
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions; and,
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
Interested applicants are welcome to submit their Cover Letter and CV to Talent Acquisition & Client Associate, Luke Bolahood at email@example.com or on our website https://www.lakeridgehealth.on.ca/en/aboutus/careers.asp
We’re a leading community hospital, where we take care of our neighbours, families and friends. With a rapidly expanding teaching and research program in a fast-growing community, we have a lot of opportunities for personal and career growth.
We’re also located in dynamic Durham Region, with a mix of urban and rural communities.
On top of high quality health care, Durham Region residents have access to first-rate post-secondary education, a wide variety of cultural amenities and access to year-round sports and recreation activities. Durham Region has a strong, diverse economic base and, as the eastern gateway to Toronto, offers easy access to the city.
Discover Durham Region, a great place to live, work and play.